Stray Hair



When it comes to audio recordings and sentence structure, I am sure there are those who might shudder at the work I am deeply satisfied to have produced, much the same as a realist might raise a questioning eyebrow at the work of an abstract expressionist. For me the writing and recording have been about artistic expression and I feeling fine allowing for the occasional stray paintbrush bristle (hicough, sound spike) that ends up imbedded in the “paint” of my recording.

As I have completed the recording of the audio book and am tweaking the 8th chapter of the master copy, I remind myself of the “viewer” A painting is never finished in my humble opinion. It is constantly reviewed and recreated by the consciousness of the observer. It is my belief that this will be so with Gold Lame’, that the places I might still feel need a little work will be embellished and improved by the imagination of the listener or reader. It’s a partnership I love to engage and am happy to be doing so through so many mixed media.

Image: Multifaceted, Acrylic on Canvas, 30"x30" © C. Pic Michel, 2008

Comments

Popular Posts