Beginnings and Endings


What exactly is finished?  I'm not sure it exists because it seems there's always more.  I finished a book and now must set about getting the word out.  What a change of channels.  It's also time to bid projects and wonder if I will like the ideas I have now when I'm actually supposed to deliver the goods.  Then again, there are those paintings which I wish would take a lot longer than they do, which is why I started writing books.  It takes longer. In a painting the way an eye observes the composition is so subtle compared to the word-by-word composition of a book. Whoever came up with the idea of completion just didn't get the whole premise of change and its inevitability.  If I followed the idea of completion then I would have stopped as an illustrator way back when, or a painter, or teacher.  I like change, but it sure can be exhausting in the illusion of getting things finished.

Comments

Popular Posts