Staycation: Exploring Creative Terrain



 

Whenever we think of vacationing we enter into a fantastic state of mind through which we imagine what things could be like. Too often we expect to find those imaginings waiting for us in the real world if we could just get away from it all not realizing that we already did. Vacations require free time and plenty of money when our plans include staying in hotels or condos, travelling by plane or cruise ship, and driving long distances. When we're through we have our pictures and memories, not very different from how we started out.

For years I have found myself imagining my vacations but seldom taking them. When I do get away, I often find much of my time spent was better dreamed. I am finding I really love what I do. I can paint or write myself anywhere, anytime, having the most extraordinary experiences without setting foot outside my studio, remaining available to my old dogs and cat, and sticking with my preferred diet rather than breaking all the rules and paying for it later.

Many people are imagining staycations this year. I have a suggestion: travel light, the light of your imagination, explore the terrain of your creative self. Then you'll be able to experience creating beautiful vistas any time you choose.


Comments

Popular Posts